Services of Serum Thalassemia Prevention Federation
Serum Thalassemia Prevention Federation is one of the largest Thalassemia programme in the eastern India. Established in 2006 to deliver comprehensive care to the growing number of Thalassemics, the Federation has more than 500 patients on active follow-up and over 1000 patient visits every year. The Federation is also at the forefront of creating awareness and research to develop new treatments for Thalassemia. Over a decade of its existence, STPF has had a major impact on the care of Thalassemia both regionally & nationally.
Since establishment, Serum Thalassemia Prevention Federation was conceived to check and help deal with Thalassemia. A non-governmental organization, STPF is working zealously across the country, operating in close association with Thalassemia parents, doctors, social workers, drug/equipment companies, hospitals, Thalassemia Associations & Thalassemia centers.
Among some of the main achievements of the association since its inception are the establishment of the Thalassemia centers, organization of successful conferences & workshops, holding of free Thalassemia clinics, collection of medicines/equipments for free distribution, organization of free Thalassemia detection camps to help the underprivileged Thalassemic patients towards their treatment.
Objective of Serum Thalassemia Prevention Federation
• To campaign for blood collection for Thalassemic.
• To counsel & educate Thalassemics, their families & doctors on the management of Thalassemia.
• To create better transfusion & treatment facilities.
• To distribute free medicines for underprivileged Thalassemic.
• To create awareness among public & facilitate screening and prevention programmes for control of Thalassemia.